"Getting What You Want: The 7 Principles of Rational Living," by Robert J. Ringer.
In this book, Ringer outlines seven different principles that he believes you have to live by in order not only get what you want out of life but to find happiness too. These principles are :
1. Base your action on truth
Focus on value, not entitlements
3. Make choices with civility, dignity, honesty, and humility
4. Avoid those who drains your personal resources
5. Rid yourself of major encumbrances
6. Develop the self-discipline to act on intellect, not impulse
7. Learn from bad breaks and move on
When you stop reacting to life, and start acting on life in a rational way, you will achieve what you really want.